Thursday, March 19, 2015

Carefree sewing.


Yesterday was a weird day. All my the kids were home, (on a Wednesday mind you) for a staff development day.  I was spur of the morning, making corned beef and cabbage, and going to do regular daily chore stuff.

I don't mind having kids home, and actually prefer them to be here. Most times when they're home though, they interrupt my flow with things like, "feed me", "fix this", "they're annoying me". Yesterday, there was none of that. I had a lot of quiet time. 

So for the first time in a long time, I was able to work on whatever I wanted. No deadline, no restocking, no nothing. It was pretty cool. I thought I should piece some scraps together because my fabric piles are pretty much out of control.  But then I found this cherry print, and then these polka dot prints, and I glanced over at my curtain of zippers and spied all my red zips, and knew this wristlet had to happen!





It is so friggin' cute!! 






I mean there are even polka dots on the inside!
It felt so good to sew something because ~I~ wanted too. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm dying from jealousy!! All my favorite things, cherries, polka-dot, ruffles and red. So damn cute. Great job!

    She Knits in Pearls

    ReplyDelete