Friday, November 14, 2014

Being home (nablopomo)


I was able to get a seasonal job at a craft store and I'm super excited about it! It's been, let's see...about 7 years that I've been lucky to be home with family.
Yea, I'm saying lucky. 
I never wanted to stay home. 
It took long talks about babysitters, and being too far from free babysitters, and really my job was not the bread winning job was it? 




I was sore about being home for a long time. I really didn't like being "on the clock" 24 hours a day without a bathroom break. I didn't like being mentally tested day in and day out without a bonus or commission, or a "hey, numbers look great today, great job", by adorable fleshy blobs who knew when to smile when I was at my limit.
I say lucking because I was there for everything
Class parties, field trips, sick days, and fun days.
I had all the time to hang out and play blocks, or park days or watch the same g-d Dora for the hundredth time.
Lucky because I had time to teach myself skills I've always wanted to learn.
Knitting, crochet, hand embroidery, SEWING!!  I probably would not of learned any of those things had I not been at home.
Lucky because not everyone gets thats chance. 
I'm glad I was able to have that chance, 
even if it wasn't my first choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment