Monday, November 18, 2013

Cross Stitching a Couch

Couch
by: D.B.

I have inherited a much beloved couch.
It is covered in plastic.
My feet can touch the floor.
Pink and fuzzy with roses.
I will have to look up why there is horse hair peeking out from underneath.
Did I mention it has rattan?



Here is the hole in the side arm. It's been there for over 30 years. Picked at by little fingers.
This couch sits in our living room, and we use everyday. It should really sit in a formal living room, or somewhere that you can look at it, but not touch because we have picky little fingers at our house too.

I was wondering how I can fix this myself, fast, and cheap, without causing too much destruction.
Staring at the rattan, it kind of reminded me of cross stitch fabric. Oooh, how cool if I could embroider the whole arm!

I found this link on my poppet: How to cross stitch a chair.
It was really cool, but that chair doesn't have a big whole in it.

Here's me showing you the back, but 
I really want you to see my Elvis bust. Can you 
believe someone was actually throwing a pair of these
away??!!


Here's the test cross stitch. I imagine great textures happening once it's done. 
I think I'm going to have to buy the sheet of rattan chair webbing and patch the hole before I can continue. I don't think I can replace the whole panel, that seems too daunting, and this isn't a chair seat I can just flip over.

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment